Name: Jan Reyneke
Strength and Conditioning Coach
North Harbour Air New Zealand Cup (ANZC)
Greatest achievements as a trainer
Promotion to North Harbour ANZC Head Trainer and Being NZ Secondary Schools conditioning coach
Years in the Industry
What strength coach or trainer has had the most impact on you and why?
Herb Muller. Taught me that there was more to S&C than science and exercise. Taught me to look outside the square and not to be afraid to try things that you think may work regardless of whether they go against what other people think.
What are the positives of being a Strength and Conditioning Coach / Trainer?
Lifestyle and working with motivated athletes who want to do well.
What are the negatives?
Some long hours and the unstable nature of the industry
What advice would you have for those wishing to become a part of the industry?
Do the study, find a good mentor and do a shit load of volunteer work. Nothing beats experience!
What is your favorite exercise?
Any of the Olympic variations and squat variations.
Favorite piece of equipment you have in your gym?
200kg tire, so much you can do with something as simple as a tire!
If you could change one thing what would it be?
Get rid of all the politics and old traditional paradigms that go along with our sport.
- Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach Ashley Jones I am not a sports scientist; I am a strength and...
- Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach – Ashley Jones Author Ashley Jones I am not a sports scientist; I am a strength and conditioning coach. One man’s opinion. No...
- Interview With – Brynley Abad Queensland Reds Super Rugby Name: Brynley Abad Profession: Athletic Performance Coach Team: Queensland Reds Greatest achievements as a trainer: Out Benched the half back...
- The day in a life of a strength conditioning coach A Day in the Life of a Strength & Conditioning Coach – Off Season Ashley Jones For those of you...
- Sevens specific strength and conditioning Hey Ashley, Really appreciate the site, it’s nice to find somewhere with alot of rugby related training info. Anywho, I...