A Day in the Life of a Strength & Conditioning Coach – Off Season
For those of you that are contemplating a career in this line of work I though it may be an opportune time to outline a typical day so you can see what goes on. This will vary from week to week and from program to program and even from person to person but hopefully it will give you an insight into the life.
5:30 – 5:45am – breathing meditation, then shower
6:00 – 6:30am – pot of plunger coffee and morning personal emails then breakfast
6:30 – 7:00am – drive to the training centre, answer work related emails
7:00 – 8:00am – my training session, then preview the days training, list what equipment is needed
8:00 – 9:00am – set up equipment, answer any phone messages, meet with coaches and assistant if required
9:00 – 1:00pm – training sessions with players (more neural type sessions – speed, power)
1:00 – 2:00pm – designated lunch break for everyone
2:00 – 5:00pm – training sessions with players (more metabolic types sessions – aerobic, anaerobic conditioning, activities)
5:00 – 6:00pm – review the day, answer work related emails, and make any phone calls that are required
6:00 – 9:00pm – maybe a yoga class, dinner, a bit of television, listen to music, answer personal emails, personal development time, personal phone calls, reading for pleasure
9:00pm – mobile phone off and breathing meditation and then lights out
Well this is basically my life Monday to Friday during the off season, hope it gives you some insight to how my day is spent,
Incoming search terms:
- a day in the life of a strength and conditioning coach
- day in the life of a strength and conditioning coach
- life of a strength and conditioning coach
- typical day for a strength and conditioning coach
- life as a strength and conditioning coach
- strength and conditioning coach lifestyle
- strength coach day to day life
- daily routine of a strength and condition coach
- what are daily routines for strength and conditioning coach
- daily life as a strength and conditioning coach
- Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach – Ashley Jones Author Ashley Jones I am not a sports scientist; I am a strength and conditioning coach. One man’s opinion. No...
- Sevens specific strength and conditioning Hey Ashley, Really appreciate the site, it’s nice to find somewhere with alot of rugby related training info. Anywho, I...
- A – Z OF MY LIFE IN WEIGHT TRAINING THUS FAR……… A – Z OF MY LIFE IN WEIGHT TRAINING THUS FAR……… Ashley Jones Thirty two years ago this year...