Name: Nicholas Gill
Profession: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Team: All Blacks
Greatest achievements as a trainer: NZ Mens Coxless Four Winning Gold at 2007 World Champs, Grand Slam of Home Nations 2008,
Years in the Industry: 12 Years
What strength coach or trainer has had the most impact on you and why?
So many different strength coaches for so many different reasons (both good and bad!)
What are the positives of being a Strength and Conditioning Coach / Trainer?
Being able to help people achieve their potential………and being able to experiment with what the human body can do (and in some instances CANT do)
What are the negatives?
Working in a field where many can achieve at a high level without the knowledge and ability that is required
What advice would you have for those wishing to become a part of the industry?
Get lots of experience for a range of people, never feel like your philosophy is locked in cement, it will change as you read and interact with athletes and other coaches. Most successful S&C coaches are influenced by many but never stray from the basic fundamentals
What is your favorite exercise?
The Squat and all its variations – Back, Box, ¼, Jump, Split, Sprinter etc
Favorite piece of equipment you have in your gym?
The Barbell in my garage………
If you could change one thing what would it be?
Fiber type transformation………I wish Fiber Type could be changed through training rather than just the characteristics of fibers being altered? OR detraining, wouldn’t it be nice if training was cumulative regardless of downtime due to illness, injury etc
Incoming search terms:
- nick gill all blacks
- nicholas gill all blacks
- all blacks strength and conditioning program
- all blacks strength and conditioning coach
- dr nick gill all blacks
- all blacks strength and conditioning
- strength and conditioning coach
- dr nic gill
- all blacks conditioning program
- nic gill
- Interview With – Jan Reyneke Air NZ Cup Strength and Conditioning Coach Name: Jan Reyneke Profession Strength and Conditioning Coach Team North Harbour Air New Zealand Cup (ANZC) Greatest achievements as a trainer...
- Interview with : Karsten Jensen Strength and Conditioning Coach Name: Karsten Jensen Profession: Strength and Conditioning Coach Team: Work for various clients, including University of Toronto Greatest achievements as a trainer: 3 athletes...
- Interview with: Mike McGurn Ospreys Strength and Conditioning Coach Name: Mike McGurn Profession Strength and Conditioning Coach Team Ospreys Greatest achievements as a trainer ; Winning Challenge Cup, Super League and World Club...
- Interview With : Tom Mclaughlin Strength & Conditioning Coach Bristol Rugby Club Name: Tom Mclaughlin Profession Strength & Conditioning Coach Team Bristol Rugby Club Greatest achievements as a trainer Youngest head of...
- Interview with Simon Kent Strength & Conditioning Coach Auckland Rugby Name: Simon Kent Profession: Strength & Conditioning Coach Team: Auckland Rugby Greatest achievements as a trainer: Being in a position to influence and...
- Interview with Nico de Villiers Strength and conditioning coach Stellenbosch Rugby Name: Nico de Villiers Profession: Strength and conditioning coach and rugby coaching Team: Stellenbosch Rugby Academy Greatest achievements as a trainer: Just started this...
- Interview with : Aaron Kellett Sports Scientist – Strength & Conditioning Coach Cricket Australia – Centre of Excellence Name: Aaron Kellett Profession : Sports Scientist – Strength & Conditioning Coach Team: Cricket Australia – Centre of Excellence Greatest achievements as a...
- Interview with: Giovanni Capello Strength and Conditioning at ASPIRE Academy of Excellence in Doha, Qatar Name: Giovanni Capello Profession: Co-ordinator of a Fitness program/ Strength and Conditioning Internship Team: Currently completing and internship with Athletics, Strength...
- The day in a life of a strength conditioning coach A Day in the Life of a Strength & Conditioning Coach – Off Season Ashley Jones For those of you...
- Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach Building a Better Strength and Conditioning Coach Ashley Jones I am not a sports scientist; I am a strength and...