Home › Forums › Getstrength Community Forum – Strength and Conditioning Training Archives › Downloads – E-Manuals & Reference Guides › Exercise Training Videos › Perfect Back Squat › Re: Perfect Back Squat
here’s a quick checklist i use for squatting:
– hands as close as comfortable on the bar (brings traps together and creates a ‘shelf’ on which to rack the bar)
– lift chest, head up and deep breath
– sit back before sitting down
– controlled descent before a positive acceleration upwards
– drive out of the hole by pushing chest up and hips forward, not pushing hips up
also, have a think about squatting barefoot or in socks, rather than trainers. doing this gets the weight more over the mid foot rather than the toes and allows you to load the hips more.
as for videos, check out this mark rippetoe vid. not sure about the music though!
hope this helps,