Re: Perfect Back Squat
Home › Forums › Getstrength Community Forum – Strength and Conditioning Training Archives › Downloads – E-Manuals & Reference Guides › Exercise Training Videos › Perfect Back Squat › Re: Perfect Back Squat
– hands as close as comfortable on the bar (brings traps together and creates a ‘shelf’ on which to rack the bar)
– lift chest, head up and deep breath
– sit back before sitting down
– controlled descent before a positive acceleration upwards
– drive out of the hole by pushing chest up and hips forward, not pushing hips up
also, have a think about squatting barefoot or in socks, rather than trainers. doing this gets the weight more over the mid foot rather than the toes and allows you to load the hips more.
as for videos, check out this mark rippetoe vid. not sure about the music though!
hope this helps,
After looking at these video’s I would like to express the fact, if we are talking about the perfect squat. We need to address the walk out.
You can not walk out from a rack that far with any decent weight. My personal opinion would be 2 steps max.
I spent 20 years trying to teach myself the most safe and energy saving walk out possible.
It was two short steps.
People seem forget that walk out is part of the squat. We spent many of training sessions just doing that “walk out” then re rack.