- This topic is empty.
- June 3, 2008 at 5:42 am #23182ashleyGuest
Warm up 60 seconds each
Overs/Unders/Hooks then swap with partner then
L jab for 30 secs then R jab for 30 secs then change
now build up to a 7 punch combo
1. L jab/R cross 30 seconds each
2. L jab/R cross/L upper 60 seconds each
3. L jab/R cross/L upper/R hook 90 seconds each
4. L jab/R cross/L upper/R hook/L cross 2 minutes each
5. L jab/R cross/L upper/R hook/L cross/R upper 2.5 minutes each
6. L jab/R cross/L upper/R hook/L cross/R upper/L hook 3 minutes each
then conditioning work:
1. sit up 1 – 2 punch partner standing on partners feet 90 seconds each
2. push up 1 – 2 90 seconds each
3. seated punch over head 90 seconds each
4. 10 hits and grab 90 seconds each
then contact work:
3 x 3 minutes of body sparring
then cool down with 3 minutes of shadow boxingAugust 19, 2008 at 7:09 am #23954GarethParticipant
As a “Fat Camp” initiative, we have had our forwards doing a weekly Boxing session during our off-season with great effect. Its helped us keep weight off and vastly improve fitness whilst saving the knee joints!
We have found the that the sparring work and skipping has also improved our agility and lateral movement in defence too.
Get the “Rocky” theme on the Ipod and find a boxing gym near you…..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.