In-Season Schedule

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    boz84

Hi Guys, just after Some help, info and advice.

Im wanting to maintain or keep building on my strength, power and size all way through the rugby season whilst improving my conditioning levels.

Going to do 2 x whole body sessions, 1 aimed at max strength and the 2nd power which will take place on Monday and Wednesday.

The Sessions may look like:
    Monday Wednesday
    A1 – BACK SQUAT A1 – CLEAN/PULL VARIATION
    A2 – RDL A2 – JERK VARIATION (COMPLEX)

B1 – BENCH PRESS B1 – BAND BOX SQUATS
    B2 – WEIGHTED CHINS B2 – JUMP SQUATS (COMPLEX)

C1 – SINGLE LEG EXERCISE C1 – BAND BENCH PRESS
    C2 – BENCH THROWS (COMPLEX)

D1 – SINGLE LEG POWER EXERCISE

6 Weeks cycle
    Strength: wk1 3 x 8 (Deload) wk2 3 x 5 wk3 3 x 3 wk4 3×5 wk5 3 x 3 wk6 3 x 2 (Change exercises and start cycle again)
    Power: wk1 3 x 5 wk2 3 x 3 wk3 3 x 2 wk4 3 x 5 wk5 3 x 3 wk6 3 x 1-2’s

At the end of each workout im looking at doing 1-3 exercises for 2 sets for higher reps for hypertrophy maintenance and keep building muscle size up. Heavy reps 6-10 or high reps 10-20. For these exercises im looking at using techniques such as drop sets/extended sets to make sure those sets are really hard and effective for hyper/strength endurance anybody got ideas on the best exercises to use and examples?

My schedule would look as follows:
    Monday: Weights – Max strength
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday: Weights – Power
    Thursday : Recovery (Prehab, Mobility , PNF stretching etc)
    Friday:
    Saturday: Gameday
    Sunday: Recovery

When would i fit in conditioning and speed sessions into this plan, any ideas be great?

Ben

marmitez

Hey Ben,

I would do speed work on either Monday or Wednesday before you do your Max Strength or Power workouts. This will also depend on the amount of recovery your body needs after a Saturday game in-season. Sometimes it will take longer for your body to fully recover from a game so Monday could be out of the question. This is also true for the wednesday as it may not be recovered from whatever you do on the Tuesday at practice.
    Because speed, max strength and power is nearly always trained at high intensity it is wise and safe to train when you are feeling fresh. Listen to your body, sometimes you need to change what you have planned on a weekly basis and take note of these changes and you will be more prepared and figure out how your body responds to different training and rest periods:)

Sam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copy link