Functional Strength Training › Forums › Getstrength Community Forum – Strength and Conditioning Training Archives › Interviews Archives › Platinum Member – Personal trainer, aspiring S&C coach
- This topic is empty.
- February 15, 2009 at 9:29 pm #23460GetstrengthParticipant
-Personal trainer, aspiring S&C coach
-Sutton & Epsom RFC
Greatest achievements as a trainer:
– hasn’t happened yet
Years in the Industry:
What strength coach or trainer has had the most impact on you and why?
– Joe Defranco for his no nonsense approach and his use of jump training to develop power.
– ash jones for his simple but effective programming
What are the positives of being a Strength and Conditioning Coach / Trainer?
– Working with like-minded, motivated people.
– Seeing people achieve their goals
– It affords/requires you to be creative
– Not being in an office!
What are the negatives?
– not the highest paying job!
– Working early mornings/late nights
What advice would you have for those wishing to become a part of the industry?
– learn, learn, learn and then learn some more
– practice what you preach
– keep it simple and don’t get caught up in every new fad that comes along
– a stronger athlete is a better athlete
What is your favorite exercise?
Favorite piece of equipment you have in your gym?
– Olympic lifting platform
If you could change one thing what would it be?
– for people to stop reading bodybuilding/fitness magazines before they come to my gym
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.