• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bennyryan1996

Hi Everyone,

Im currently working on some spin bike alternative sessions for players that are carrying injuries in the semi professional AFL club I am currently working with.

They seemed to just be going through the motions when they were asked to build up some mileage on the spin bikes, so I thought up some different programs that they could follow to help reduce the patient effect and maintain challenge in the activity.

So far I have two programs and they can all be completed over a range of 20-40 minutes

The first program is just a simple 1:1 work rest program

After a suitable warm up the athlete follows bouts of 60 then 45 then 30 seconds with equal rest periods in between the bouts. They then repeatedly cycle through the rounds untill the elected total time of 20-40 minutes is up.

Idealy I would want the athlete working at their maximum speed for the respective ‘on’ times and resting during the off periods at about their 50%.

The second program ends up being similar to the first

After a suitable warm up the athlete rides at a range of about 60-70% for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. After this they then sprint for a 30 second bout. Following this bout they will then ride at 60-70% again for 2 minutes (30 seconds less), followed by another 30 second sprint bout. The athlete continues to drop 30 seconds off of their 60-70% intensity bout for each round and follow it with a 30 second sprint. Once the athlete reaches bouts of 30 second 60-70% rides and 30 second sprints, they continue cycling through rounds untill their elected total time of 20-40 minutes is up.

Im planning on putting up easy to read laminated sheets with the programs on them so I can just tell them to follow a certain sheet and not have to monitor their progress too much. Im looking to write a third program in the future as well, I just havent had a chance to get around to it yet.

Im interested to see what everyones opinions are, or if they have had any success with any similar (or different) spin sessions!

Thanks,
    Ben Ryan

ashley

Sounds fine to me we have a range of different programs just to keep
    interest up, we get them to wind up the resistance and get out of the
    seat and climb, or less resistance and stay in the seat and power up the
    legs or to stay in the seat and spin the legs as fast as they can with a
    range of times:

1/2/3/4/5/5/4/3/2/1 minutes, climb out of the seat with a 1 minute spin
    in between or the reverse of this

15 sec spin 15 secs climb, 30/30/60/60/90/90 x 7

And so many variations similar to these, cheers, ashley

bennyryan1996

Thanks for the input ash, the 1/2/3/4/5/5/4/3/2/1 minute protocol sounds like a fun one!

cheers, Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart

[wpforms id="8"]