• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ashley

Workout 1 (all sets are work sets, there maybe 2 or 3 warm up sets to get to the working weight)

Safety Bar Squats 3 x 3

Jim Schmitz Snatch Complex from blocks at knee height 6 sets
    – Power Snatch
    – Split snatch left leg forward
    – Split snatch right leg forward
    – Squat snatch

Snatch grip pulls to nipple height setting on pull indicator 3 x 3

Band assisted rack split jerks 3 x 3

Workout 2 (all sets are work sets, there maybe 2 or 3 warm up sets to get to the working weight)

Just playing around with a few combinations, not sure if I have the correct exercise sequence but it was a potent workout on the posterior chain, your thoughts would be invaluable.

12 x 2 Squat Snatch

6 x 4 Power Clean

3 x 8 Deadlift

First six sets of snatch are straight sets style, 2 reps each set, the next three sets are in a modified super set style (60 – 90 seconds between sets) with Power Cleans and the final three sets are modified tri set style (same rest as super sets) with all three movements, so would look like this:

Squat Snatch 6 x 2

Squat Snatch (3 x 2) s/s Power Clean (3 x 4)

Squat Snatch (3 x 2) s/s Power Clean (3 x 4) s/s Deadlift 3 x 8

molonyjim

In workout 2 I just switched the deadlift from 3 sets x 8 reps to 8 sets x 3 reps with a 30 second rest period (I performed the deadlift independently at the end). I felt that this allowed me to go heavier, and i felt my technique wouldn’t suffer as much. Just a thought.

Thanks Jim

ashley

Sounds like a great plan to me, you are correct about the reps and technique, a very good point for all trainees and trainers to remember, go well, ash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart

[wpforms id="8"]