• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    prop

I’ve put together a strength/power/size program based on some of the other programs on this website, its almost all copied but I’ve changed one of the days around and added some neck work, arm/grip work and some shoulder prehab work, does it look ok?

Monday: Lower Body Strength

1x Olympic

1x Squat

1x Single Leg

1x Hamstring
    Week 1: 6,5,4 Week 2: 5,4,3 Week 3: 4,3,2

1 x Shrug/Neck Harness
    Week 1; 12/10/8 Week 2: 10/8/6 Week 3: 8/6/4

Tuesday: Upper Body Strength

1 x Horizontal Push

1 x Vertical Pull

1 x Vertical Push

1 x Horizontal Pull
    Week 1: 6,5,4 Week 2: 5,4,3 Week 3: 4,3,2

1 x Biceps/Triceps

Thursday: Lower Body Power option

2 x Full Body exercises do a jump exercise after each set

2 x Squat do a jump exercise after each set

Week 1: 3 x 5 reps @ 60% 3 x 10 contrast plyometrics

Week 2: 4 x 4 reps @ 70% 4 x 8 contrast plyometrics

Week 3: 5 x 3 reps @ 80% 5 x 6 contrast plyometrics

Lower Body Plyometrics Jump Options:

Knees to feet jump, Jump onto Box, Depth Jump, Repeat Hurdle Jumps, Band Jump outs, Tuck Jumps, Side to Side jumps, Hops

1 x Shrug/Neck Harness

Friday: Size Program (Upper Body only)

1x Push/Pull Bar Week 1; 12/10/8 Week 2: 10/8/6 Week 3: 8/6/4

1x Push/Pull DB`s Week 1: 15/12/10 Week 2: 12/10/8 Week 3: 10/8/6

1 x Push/Pull BW Rep count method depending on exercise eg 50 Dips and 25 Chins

1 x Grip Exercise

Core Training:

After each lower body workout out, select from the following options and do a core circuit, for 10 minutes total time:

Suit case Dead Lifts, Rollouts, Swiss Ball Leg Raises, Turkish Get Ups, Full Body Twist, Bicycle, Sprinter’s Sit Up, Boxer’s Sit Up, Rainbows, Swiss Ball Sit Up & Throw Med Ball, Russian Twist on Back Extension, Cable Wood Chops

Prehab:

After each upper body session, External Rotation and Scapular Depression exercises are chosen and performed in a circuit, with the total volume equal to the difference in scapular depression/elevation and internal/external rotation in the sessions.

prop

I’m having my first year in grades next year, and need to add strength and size to cope with the demands. I’ve improved my fitness after following a program Ash wrote for me, I’m looking to follow this for around 12 weeks and then move into a greater speed focussed program then building up to the Back Row program Ash wrote a few weeks ago. Does this sound good?

ashley

Look s fine by me prop, that is why I never copyright anything I do it is free to all to ensure they are training to be the best they can be, we are here to educate not profit, what does biblical quote say, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime, ash

ashley

@prop 668 wrote:

I’m having my first year in grades next year, and need to add strength and size to cope with the demands. I’ve improved my fitness after following a program Ash wrote for me, I’m looking to follow this for around 12 weeks and then move into a greater speed focussed program then building up to the Back Row program Ash wrote a few weeks ago. Does this sound good?

Should be fine prop just let us or Damian know and we can tweak up a specific speed program for you, ash

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Close Menu

Cart

[wpforms id="8"]