managing in season volume
Home › Forums › Getstrength Community Forum – Strength and Conditioning Training Archives › Question and Answers › Rugby & Rugby league › managing in season volume
- This topic is empty.
- May 15, 2009 at 1:22 pm #23530tomwillGuest
having read some of eric cressey’s stuff i’m quite keen to apply a heavy-medium-very heavy-light weekly rotation to my pre-season plan, in respect to total training volume.
i was wondering what thoughts people had in regards to using a similar system in-season?
– would a very heavy week be too much in season?
– would it better to make one aspect very heavy (strength work, for example) and another aspect light (e.g. conditioning) within the same week?
– has anyone used a different system of managing in season load?
any ideas or comments welcome!
tomMay 18, 2009 at 5:19 am #25206ashleyGuest
Everything in season is player recovery and health dependant so I may try and run a 3 week loading cycle with players but it is really how they turn up on the day and what they can and can not do so for me versatility of programming and individualisation is the key to keeping the training going throughout the playing season, cheers, ash
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.