Proper Care, Usage and Maintenance of Eleiko Products:
So that your bars, barbells, discs and other Eleiko equipment last as long as possible, you are advised to maintain your Eleiko products in accordance with the following usage/ maintenance guidelines:
• An Eleiko bar must only be dropped on an Eleiko weightlifting platform or an equivalent platform, and be loaded with Eleiko discs or equivalent. Never drop an Eleiko bar on a hard surface, such as concrete, asphalt or the like.
• The Eleiko bar must never be left after use loaded with weights, on a rack or similar device. This could eventually cause the bar to bend and would result in exclusion from the limited warranty outlined above.
• Prior to use, ensure you do not have any sharp edges around your lifting area which the bar could come in contact. This could damage the chrome of the bar or cause irreparable damage to the bar and would result in exclusion from the limited liability outlined above.
• Prior to use, collars must be used, at all times, on each end of the bar to prevent movement of the discs while lifting.
• Never allow the bar to come in contact with water and, in particular, the sleeves of the bar. Such water exposure could lead to a malfunction of the bar.
• Never use a bar that is damaged or where the sleeves do not spin properly. Failure to do so could cause severe injury.
• Clean the knurling on a regular basis with the steel brush provided with your Eleiko bar to remove magnesia, dust, dirt etc.
• Any weightlifting bar can be bent by severe abuse, left on a rack with weights for a prolonged period of time and/or by dropping it on a surface where the bar hits the ground first (on a bench or in a power rack).
Follow the maintenance and usage guidelines mentioned in this section mentioned above to prevent this and your bar will provide a lifetime (as defined above) of lifting. Please note normal wear and tear of Eleiko bars is not covered by the above-listed limited product warranty.
Eleiko Weightlifting and Powerlifting Discs:
• Eleiko weightlifting discs must only be dropped on an Eleiko weightlifting platform or an equivalent platform. Never drop the discs on a hard surface, such as concrete, asphalt or the like.
• Never allow the discs to come in contact with water or other liquids as it could cause rust to appear.
• Only use a technique bar (5 or 10 kg) with technique discs. If you use a regular bar, over 10 kg, this might damage the technique discs and is not covered by the warranty.
• Tighten any screws that come loose immediately with the appropriate tool. Never use a disc that has loose screws.
• Always use collars on the bar to prevent movement of the discs while lifting.
• Please note normal wear and tear of Eleiko discs is not covered by the above-listed limited product warranty.
• Never use any form of cleaning detergents or other forms of chemicals to clean your discs, as this
could damage the rubber.
Please contact Eleiko Sport for care and maintenance advice for your specific product if not mentioned above.